Thursday, August 26, 2010

I want to be Miss. Marple when I grow up.


Growing up I loved reading the "Famous Five" and "The Secret Seven" mysteries by Enid Blyton.  I always wished that I lived in England and went on sleuthing trips with these incredibly independent kids.  Reading these books led me to my great love of murder mysteries. 


I love a good murder mystery.  There is no better mystery writer than Agatha Christie and I think I would make an excellent Miss. Marple when I grow up.  Margaret Rutherford was the original Miss. Marple and I think I bear a close resemblance, especially in this picture because she is about to bitch slap the hell out of someone. 

I have the urge to yell, "She did it in the conservatory with the candlestick while eating mustard" or killing Mr. Mustard, I forget.

I want to be the new Miss. Marple, the one that exposes the cheating spouse, the lying blogger and politicians.

Why you may ask? 

Easy, it shouldn't be a mystery at all.

1 comment:

  1. Loved those books too! Had to wear reading glasses for a while I read those books over and over, ferociously!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love.