Today I received another email from my dear Tea Party friend who was so thrilled that the Disclose Act H.R. 5175 failed.
Let me give you the bullet point version of what it entailed.
- Enhance Disclaimers - Make CEO's and other leaders take responsibility for their ads.
- Enhance Disclosures - It is time to follow the money.
- Prevent Foreign Influence - Foreign countries and entities should not be determining the outcome of our elections.
- Shareholder/Member Disclosure - We should allow shareholders and members to know where money goes.
- Prevent Government Contractors from spending - Taxpayer money should not be spent on political ads.
- Provide the Lowest Unit Rate for Candidates and Parties - Special interest should not drown out the voices of the people.
- Tighten Coordination Rules - Corporations should not be able to "sponsor" a candidate.
I think it has come to the point that whenever either party puts forward a bill the other party is going to vote against it regardless if it is a benefit to the people.
Where are all the Super Heroes? Somehow I think they are currently at a bar getting drunk and fat on peanuts and probably at this very moment introducing themselves to my Tea Party friend because you know I have driven her to drink.