Sunday, July 11, 2010

Are we there yet?

If writing a blog was my full time job I would have been fired a long time ago.

June was one hell of a month and I will break it down for you.

A week before T graduated our dearest Carly had a stroke.  She was 17 years old and it was one of the hardest decisions we had to make.  This was the beginning of the month from hell.


T's graduation!  Finally, what a long, long road this was.  The day was intense as I really did not want to face the ex and his current wife, but my wonderful husband, friends and Xanax were there to help me through the day.

 

If you have never attended a Naturalization Oath Ceremony, I highly recommend you take your family.  It was an incredible experience and very surreal.  I wore lime green so that friends and family who attended would be able to see me ~ not a very patriotic color choice I know, but then looking at everyone else I wasn't far off on my color choice.  I will be posting another blog about the conversation I had with Eli (from Israel) who was sitting next to me and took the oath as well.  


The PODS arrived and the packing started.  My feng shui boxes didn't last long, my dear friends developed the "fuck the feng shui" and things were thrown in boxes, taped down and put into the containers.  I will do things differently next time round ~ I will hire movers and packers while I am having a mani-pedi or just have a huge yard sale because I am not moving this shit again!  I am blessed to have my girlfriends who were there to help, get me to focus oh yes and drink the remainder of my 80 proof rum while packing.
After everything was packed in the PODS (oh and by the way I wouldn't recommend them ~ yes that is another blog) my unbelievable Realtor Pam came and helped me pull up the carpet in the Master bedroom, seal the floor and help clean my home.  Our home when we left was in pristine condition, we had the air ducts cleaned, new carpet and paint and those were not even conditions on the new home owner buying the home ~ I am just nice like that!

Our trip to Oregon had begun and it took us more than 24 hours to get here.  Normally the drive is 12 hours, but driving with two dogs and a cat makes the journey just a little longer.  Who knew dogs need to pee so much!  We arrived in Oregon at our new home and then the fun started.  PODS arrived a week later and I hired an unpacking crew ~ should have done that right from the beginning!
 
 A week after arriving in Oregon and unpacking AND trying to find my things in my un feng shui boxes, T left for Brisbane, Australia.  He is taking his Gap Year before he starts at Oregon State.  He is currently volunteering at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and then goes onto South Africa for 5 months to work in the Wilderness area.  Watching him leave was very hard, we have been through so much together these past 18 years, but I know that this is the greatest gift a parent can give their child.  Oh yes and uh-um who knew you need a visa for Australia ~ thank you Baby Jesus that we could do that online while at the airport!!

So that is my month in a nutshell ~ I hope that you now will forgive me for not blogging, but the Bitch is back and will be blogging on many, many topics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love.