Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Today I received an award from David Allen Waters who writes the blog PEN to PAGE. I was directed to his blog by my friend Rabbit who without a doubt deserves an award from bloggers out there as I know many of us have started to follow blogs on his recommendation.
David, thank you for the award. Your blog writing and poetry leaves me envious and your lemon meringue pie was incredible. (Still have to try your Chocolate covered cherry heaven cake.)
The rules state I must share 7 random things about myself, then pass it on to 15 others. I think 15 is a little excessive, so I will pick 10.
Okay firstly 7 random things about myself:
1. I studied Nouvelle Cuisine under the guidance of Pieter Veldsman who was a food editor for an Afrikaans woman's magazine in South Africa.
2. I love whole grilled fish on the BBQ because the eyes are what I consider a real delicacy. (okay quit gagging)
3. I am fiercely loyal to my friends until you lie to me or not follow through on a promise ~ then you are persona non grata.
4. I would rather give a gift than receive one.
5. I hate to fly. If you do ever have the opportunity to fly with me as we take off do not disturb me as my eyes will be closed and I am silently counting to 100. After that bring on the drink cart.
6. I can be quite needy hence my bond with wine, it never disappointments.
7. My best friend lives in England, we have been friends since we were 5 years old. We have been friends for 40 years. I just spent time with her in England in January and I miss her terribly.
I now present the award to the following bloggers who make me laugh, cry and some days give me a reason to get out of bed.
Bad Words by Tulpen ~ I love this woman. I hope we get to meet one day.
Life of Riles ~ Tim Riley, teacher and I don't think there could be a bigger cheese head out there.
Singing Sappy Songs in the Shower ~ her outlook on life and her photographs on random things that we would just walk by, is amazing.
Small Soldiers ~ Brooke is a mom to two adorable little girls. Her husband just returned from serving in the Middle East. She makes me smile.
Sophomoric Sesquipedalian ~ Heads up you will need a dictionary close by. Leila uses lots of big words. Great teenager and always so deep in thought.
Rabbit ~ He deserves more blog awards ~ hell he deserves Blog of Note! Be warned if you are sensitive or get your feelings hurt easily, then it may be best to move on, Rabbit calls a spade a spade and would probably hit you on the ass with it and then give you cookies.
Triton Cove ~ Fairly new to the Blog World. Great photographer, I mean it, great photographer! Also is a whiz with Photoshop.
Tales of a half crazed housewife ~ I want Meg to blog more so I am hoping this award gets her off her ass!
Brits in the US ~ Love, love how David describes things and writes. Very dry wit, much like mine.
Naris Life ~ Great blogger and I love her sense of humor.
Congratulations to my blog friends. Now follow the rules and have fun.