Friday, December 11, 2009

UPS and Customer Service




Day 1 - UPS leaves note on door that no person was home to receive a package - sign the back of the slip and the package will be delivered the following day.

Day 2 - Signed slip, put back on front door.  Came home and ANOTHER slip was on door - slip needs to be signed.  What?  Did I go and sign with invisible ink again?  Check slip - nope, signature very visible as it was done with a BLACK SHARPIE.

Call to UPS goes as follows:

CS - "Ma'am you had to be at home to receive the package."

Moi - "Really? I had a note just to sign."

CS - "Ma'am you can pick up your package at our warehouse after 6:30pm this evening."

Leave home at 6:30pm - drive 30 minutes to the Industrial Hood Area.

CS (Warehouse) - "The driver came back at 6:30pm, but had to leave again to help another driver, your package will be here at 7:30pm - you can go home and come back later"

Moi - "I am not going home, I will wait, is there a rest room I can use"

CS (Warehouse) - "No, it is not a public rest room."

Moi - "So what you are saying is I have to drive around the hood to find a gas station to use the bathroom?"

CS (Warehouse) - "Yes, I can't let you back into the office area, that is where we keep the valuable packages."

Moi - "Seriously?!"  (at this point I am looking around the room for packing tape as I feel my arms automatically lifting into the SERIOUS bitch slap mode). 

Time is now 8:00pm and still no package.  Drive to a gas station where people at the counter are wearing ankle monitors... NICE!!

Call customer service:

CS (Travis) - "Ma'am there isn't anything we can do about your package you will have to wait.  They cannot let you use the restroom, it is in the office area where they keep the valuable packages."

Moi - "So you are saying that I would steal one of the valuable packages on the way out of the restroom?  Don't you think it would look a little odd - lady walks into rest room with handbag - leaves rest room dragging 'valuable' packages behind her?  I have heard of many people leaving the rest room with toilet paper on the bottom of their shoe, but not an entire friggin package!?"

CS (Travis) - "Ma'am you can't use the restroom."

Moi - "Travis - are you married?  How would you feel if your wife was in the hood, waiting for a package that was SUPPOSED to be there 1 1/2 hours ago, driving around looking for a gas station?"

CS (Travis) - "With no disrespect Ma'am, I wouldn't allow my wife to go into an Industrial area after dark."

Moi - "You did NOT just go there with me did you Travis?"

CS (Travis) "You can come back on Monday, but I can't do anything about your package being late and I cannot do anything about the restroom, is there a gas station near by?  Thank you for using UPS"

Moi - "It will be the last time."

Package arrived at 9:00pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love.