Saturday, August 5, 2017
Just Another Chapter.
After many years of the why me mentality I am hopefully becoming wiser to those chapter events in my past and putting into play the lessons learned theory.
A few years ago I had a bangle made especially for me. I had been reading a book and the phrase "Examine What You Tolerate" really resonated with me. I wear my bangle everyday and recently while facing a dilemma I happened to glance down and see my bangle. I had a choice to make, I could either accept what was put before me or examine what I was tolerating. I made the choice to end that chapter and start a new one.
Normally in text books at the end of a chapter there is a revision section going over the most important points. In my chapter that I have now closed these are a few important points pertaining to that chapter.
1. When people place you in a box that they believe is your worth, you begin to believe it.
2. No matter how much kindness you show to others, there will always be people who will accept the act, but quite freely retaliate towards you in other ways.
3. Your day to day life is surrounded by many acquaintances, but very few friends.
4. When you tackle a task to the best of your ability, there will be that one person ready to pick it apart and become that formidable Yenta in your life.
5. When you go off the radar for a bit to regroup, few will notice, but those that do, care.
6. No matter how long it has been since you have physically seen an old friend, they are forever in your corner.
7. Living on a separate continent to family and friends has been one of the most challenging things one can do, but your faith and solid bond will forever make sure you are always connected.
8. Grief never goes away, it is forever present in your tears when a familiar smell makes a connection, a song on the radio is played, or a view that reminds you of home.
9. There are people who believe in you. Who are your biggest cheerleaders and that those are the people you focus on instead of wasting energy on those who weaken your spirit.
10. It takes both the sun and the rain to make a rainbow.
I know that in this new chapter I will find success and peace because in my last chapter I totally rocked it.