Friday, March 19, 2010

Email, shoes and Michelle Obama

I received the following email today. 

Barack Obama enjoys living like a king, so why shouldn't Michelle Obama live like a queen? The First Lady was photographed in Hawaii wearing $635 per pair designer shoes by Maison Martin Margiela.  A woman lucky enough to have a job in this economy and working for the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour would have to work 88 hours (without taxes taken out) to make enough to pay for Michelle Obama's shoes. 
 
Obama has lectured Americans about how they can not expect to live their lives as indulgently as they have in the past.. He has lectured businesses about their travel and pay. Yet Obama and his wife live like kings and queens.  The news media has yet to call him out on his extravagance when there is 10% unemployment with no sign of the employment picture improving this coming year.  The way they spend OUR MONEY is an insult to every hard working citizen of this country. GREED is their CREED!  Please send this to everyone, including Politicians, to see if any of them has the guts to start an investigation into the extravagance they show daily.  Do it before this gets pulled off the internet.

I am willing to bet that if I went into the closet of any Senator's wife I would definitely not find a pair of shoes in there from Wal-Mart.  Okay, I take that back, it all depends on what State they are from, but with the majority (we love that word don't we) you know the bitches are wearing shoes from Louboutin, Dior and Choo.

In 2006, Michelle Obama earned $273,618 and with her husband combined they made $991,000.   Currently President Obama earns $400,000 a year with an expense account not to exceed $50,000.  So if Mrs. Obama wants to spend $635.00 on an ugly pair of shoes, yes they are ugly, then that is her right.  

You can bet your ass that if my husband and I made that kind of money, I would own stock in Christian Louboutin.

In 2006 First Lady Laura Bush wore this outfit to an event.  This outfit cost $8,500 and the only remark that the media made was that at this same event three other women were wearing the exact same outfit!  There was no mention of cost and there were certainly no emails being sent out about their greed.  I received the email from a friend who leads the group "Americans for Prosperity", I guess it is okay to be prosperous, as long as you are not a Democrat.

If you want support for your cause, please focus on facts and then take the time to thank the Lord that I don't have any Louboutins because there would, without a doubt, be an imprint of my size 8.5 shoe on your Glenn-Beck-believing-ass.














 

5 comments:

  1. There's always going to be haters. I find Michelle Obama lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez, what is it with the extreme right wing in the US? They can take their emails and shove them in the same place as their teapots as far as I am concerned. Obama is the one ray of hope the US has. I wish he was our president!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Michelle Obama is wonderful and her brother, Craig is just as nice. I am all for the masses rising for justice, but check your damn facts... bitching about shoes loses credibility for your cause really quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a-FUCKING-men
    Although I just unearthed my very first positive comment about the Bush Reign. He was the first president in 2 decades to try and take the ick out of food stamps and change the name to nutritional aid.
    I thought that was cool.

    But thats it.

    Michelle's victory garden movement is much, much cooler.
    yes ma'am.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love.