Friday, May 8, 2015

144 Steps.


South Beach, Oregon
I have been meaning to write this blogpost for a while and recently read a blog online that May is Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month, so this couldn't be a more perfect time for my post.

One beautiful Oregon morning I walked to the beach from our home. I decided to count the steps from our backdoor to the first steps to the beach. 144 Steps. As I looked out towards the ocean, a little out of breath, I found myself thinking about those suffering with Cystic Fibrosis. How challenging would 144 steps be? I don't know much about the disease and have done research and will confess I still don't know much, but when someone you know has CF you want to educate yourself a little more and do what you can to help find the cure.

This is no ice bucket challenge and I don't expect this to go viral, what I am hoping is that you all will walk out your front door, count 144 steps and take a picture of what is in front of you. Post on Twitter with the hashtag #144Steps #CysticFibrosis, or on Facebook and then most importantly, if you are able to, make a donation to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Every little bit helps. It takes a village remember? Click on this link > Cystic Fibrosis Foundation

I hope that you will share this with friends and family, we can make a difference.  And to one of the most amazing woman I know who exudes glitter and rainbows, this blog is for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love.